Last night we enjoyed the pleasure and company of Cal Marino. I personaly prepared this wine pairing to showcase the greatness of ancient food prepared in Catalonia. The pairing went that way
- Cuqueria & papas arrugas - delicious coupage from Galicia (Trexidura and Godello), very fruity style and medium structured prepare yoour mouth for the "papa", a baked potato that you dip on very special sauces, one spicy and the other not. This wine clean spicyness and perfumes your mouth for the next "papa"!
- Ros Marina & codfish carpaccio: Xarel·lo with just a hint of oak is the wine selected for this Codfish carpaccio and a reduction of Pedro Ximenez on top. It's a complex pairing, full of flavour and mixing primary, secondary and tertiary notes till the last bit.
- Revolcon & foie on toast. Nothing to write on this, just taste and enjoy! This "Revolcon" from V.T.Castilla is very fruity and act as a melmelade for the "foie"
- Nivia & salmon tartare. Soft and delicious minced and well marinated salmon pairs really well with this white grenache of Empordà.
- Valderroa mencia & "Truita amb suc".
- Baltos mencia & daark chocolates. Last game! We played with the texture of the chocolate and how biterness change your taste to potenciate the fruit.
Thanks for attending! see you next week!